Grandpa Lammel's birthday was on July 3 and Papa's birthday was on July 4 so I'd like to open by wishing both of my Grandpas a Happy Birthday!
Now back to me because that's what this blog is all about (it isn't called GrandpasBeginleys.com, now is it?).
I had a great Independence Day weekend with my mom and dad and some of my other good buddies. We woke up early on July 4 and mom and dad decided to go play some tennis. Dad's friend Andy came along and gave them both a really good lesson, which was sorely needed because Mom and Dad are, I should say, not Roger Federer or Martina Navratalova. Dad is not a 6-foot Swede with black hair and Mom is not a lesb... well, you get the point - they both stink at tennis.
Later, we went out to Nana and Papa's for a 4th of July/Papa's birthday celebration. We had great food (well, it looked great, at least, I'm still milking, of course), we washed cars and everyone played outside. Mom and Dad even got a rest in the hammock while I slept. Here's a shot of my cousins, Eli and Sophie, just hanging out in the front yard.

We didn't go see fireworks with the rest of the gang because it wasn't going to work for me. My bedtime is 8:30-9:00, so fireworks going off at 9:15 would have made me extremely irritated, but while we drove home from Nana's we got to see several Chicago neighborhood fireworks shows going off, which was pretty cool.
Here's me in my 4th of July outfit.


On Saturday we went to Arlington Race Track with Uncle Brian's family, Hannah and Luke, and Dad and Mom's friends, the Drurys. They have a little girl named Mattie that goes to the same day care as me and she's a lot of fun. Actually, one time I was getting picked on by a 9-month old and after I told him that I was friends with Mattie, who is an upperclass(wo)man (she's 20 months and in the big kids room), he stopped picking on me and asked me out on a date (I said yes, but don't tell Dad).
Back to Arlington - the day was great, 80 and sunny, and Hannah and Dad won a couple $2 races. Hannah won $5.80 on her horse and took her winnings straight to the Dippin Dots booth. Here's my big cousin Luke and me in the shade at the track.

Hannah came back with us after the horseraces and spent the night. Now there are a lot of people I like but I gotta tell ya, Hannah is at the top of the list. I laugh and smile at her all the time, and we play together and I hold her hand when I go to sleep. On Sunday morning Hannah, Mom, Dad and I went to the tennis courts again. I guess Dad figured he'd feel better about himself after beating a 10-year-old at tennis. He spent the last 15 minutes smashing cross-court forehands and screaming, "I GOT GAME, HANNAH, I GOT GAME!!!" and pumping his fist and motioning to a crowd that didn't even exist... what a lame-o, seriously. Anyway, here's a couple great shots of Hannah and me from the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment