Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finley Used to Work on the Docks

So last weekend mom and I took a trip to Omaha. Mom was getting together with her girlfriends for a double baby shower and I was going to stay home with Dad for the weekend but at the very last minute Mom decided she wanted to take me. She told Dad she wanted the girls to meet me.

In reality I think she thought she'd come home to find I'd lost my piggy bank savings in a poker game on Saturday night with dad and the boys, my locks replaced by a pink mohawk, me cursing like a truck driver and a tattoo on my forearm that reads "Livin On A Prayer." (and I honestly can't say none of that would have happened)

Editor's Note: You will never see another photo of anyone that is not a family member or friend on this blog. This is not a platform for celebrities to get more publicity than they already get, most of which is not deserved. Not the case, however, for Dad's mancrush - Jon Bon Jovi - who deserves any praise he gets for the dozens of hits he has produced with Richie Sambora, Tico Torres (drums), David Bryan (keyboards) and Alec Jon Such (ex-bassist, not pictured). Oh, and Michael Jordan photos are aloud on this blog as well.

Anyway, so I left on Friday night on my first airplane ride. And I have to tell you - all those babies that are screaming on flights and everyone says, "Oh, their ears must be popping from the elevation... poor thing." Yeah, let me just tell you, that whole ear-popping thing is a myth, an excuse made up by some poor mom who's kid was a nut. All went fine for me - I chilled from the C-H-I all the way to Omaha and slept soundly on the way home, not a peep.

On Sunday morning Mom took me to a baby photojournalist to get some pics taken. And as you can see, they're a step up from the photos Dad takes of me for this blog (no offense, Dad).






Stay tuned for my fifth month birthday photos.

No comments: