Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mabel Jane

So that's what all the fuss is about. World, say hello to my new sister, Mabel Jane Skertich, born Wednesday, February 3, at 2:49pm. She weighed 6 lbs and 5 ounces.

Here's the thing. I know this little gal is going to want to be like me, but check out her hairdo, I think she took it a bit too far. AND she tried to one up me because if you could see her now, with her hair washed, she's got highlights... I didn't get highlights til I was much older. I told her to take it down a notch - it's gonna take a lot more than a few highlights to overtake this old lady.

Anyway, here's a couple shots of me back when I was a few days old. (I know what you're thinking - "Finley, seriously, dudette, you're not gonna lead with photos of the new baby?" People, seriously, no, I'm not. This blog is not called Mabels Fabels, is it?)
And here's Mabel.
And here's a pic of me with little ol' Mabel. (Yes, I'm really happy she's with us, even if I pretend sometimes that I'm not).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Finley, you don't worry about a thing. I was 8 when my sister came along and I had the same "welcome to my life" face that you did in that picture. Being a big sister is going to be great because you can trick her into doing stuff for you like. Mabel, the popcorn tastes so much better when you make it. But, I'd wait until she's old enough to cook, so like when she's 3 or so. Congrats!

CQ

Unknown said...

Wow! If you get any of these pictures printed out you better mark them with Mabel b/c down the road you will not be able to tell the difference between her and Finley. Congrats. Im so delighted that we finally get meet Mabel. [i just said delighted].

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world Mabel!