Monday, November 2, 2009
Trick Or Turtle
So it was time for my first trick or treat. Last year didn't really count because I couldn't walk yet so this was it. So what was I going to be - Elmo? A ballerina? Rush Limbaugh? None of the above. Get ready, friends, for your friend, Finley the Turtle.

Then it was time to head out on my first trick or treat. Lots of rumors about this whole trick-or-treat thing. Something about people giving you candy by the buckets-full, so I grabbed my plastic pumpkin and got my winter coat on under my turtle outfit and off we went. By the way, maybe they should think about moving Halloween up about 6-7 weeks... I don't think I've ever seen a turtle wearing a winter coat.

A quick photo opp with Mom and Dad and down the block we went, in search of Milky Ways and Skittles and all kinds of other stuff that will get you all hopped up and keep you awake til all hours of the night.

So we got to our first house which was one of Nana's neighbors. We knocked and then these girls came out with a bunch of candy in a bucket and approached me. Now I've heard the whole - don't take candy from a stranger thing so I was a bit apprehensive about taking it on this peculiar day where people are dressed up as everything from Cinderella to the Freddy Kreuger.

Then it was back to Nana's for some Halloween dinner and cake and hanging out with the rest of the kids. This is my friend Corinne, who went as a lamb.
And this is the rest of the crew. Eli and Isaiah - Blackhawks hockey players; Heidi - Pebbles; Hannah - a Chinese doll; Sophie - Monsters, Inc; and Luke (who unfortunately you can't see) who was a beat up baseball player, but when he walked into Nana's I actually thought the Unibomber had showed up for dinner.
Then this old turtle started to get tired so it was time to crawl out of my shell and right into my pajamas. Next stop, Thanksgiving!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment