Thursday, October 2, 2008

So I went to New Hampshire last weekend and I have to say, we had a great trip! I'll start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start... when you sing you begin with do-re-mi... oops, sorry, got a little off track there - that Sound of Music gets me every time.

Okay, so we flew to Manchester two Thursdays ago and Nonie and Aunt Deb picked us up at the airport and drove us to Peterborough, which is a quaint little town in New Hampshire where my Nonie lives. If you've never been there, you should go. Here are some pictures.

A river runs through it (but Robert Redford thankfully does not)

The town

On Thursday night for dinner Uncle Jim got us some really great lobsters and we had a massive feast.

This is Lennox the Lobster (not to be confused with Larry Lobster, who is Lennox's nephew).

We took a day to go for a drive and take in the foliage, even drove through Vermont - which became my SIXTH state. We probably missed the full bloom foliage by about 7-10 days but we still got to see the very start of it and it's like nothing I've ever seen.


It was windy and rainy, here's Aunt Deb's umbrella doing a reverse layup.

We also went to Kimballs, which is this fantastic little ice cream place where, as you can see, they serve in large portions.

The second night Nonie made her infamous spaghetti that Dad loves.

So blah blah blah, photos of trees, pictures of lobsters. This blog is supposed to be about me, so here are some photos of li'l old me:

Dad and I heading out for a walk in my new fleece that Mom bought me.

Dad and I having a great time with a stuffed dragon.

Here's Nonie, Dad and I in downtown Peterborough on a rainy day.

And this next photo I'm not actually in, but I'm taking the photo. This is Aunt Deb, Nonie and Mom. We went to the Peterborough Soup Fest, which was a lot of fun. Soupmakers from all around New Hampshire came to town and we went through and tasted them, and then dropped our favorite soupmakers names into a voting box before we left. Soup Fest was awesome.

Mom and I on the floor, I'm zonked.

And this is my bed head after I woke up.

You've heard of a milk mustache - this is called pumpkin beard.

Here's me candle pin bowling. I set a record for 7-month olds, knocked down 72 pins - believe it.

So it was a fantastic trip and one I hope to make again soon. Oh, and I also just set a record for the longest blog ever written by someone who is five days shy of eight months.

Just got back today from another trip, I'll write about it this week if I get a chance.

No comments: