Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dirty Hair-y

So I've got a few things to tell you. I've been sitting up now for quite some time, but lately I have learned to transition into a kneeling position and although I can only rock back and forth right now, I'm about ready to start moving soon.

Here is a picture of me in my "Start Your Engines!!!!" position. Notice the focus, the intensity.

I'm also taking yoga on Tuesday and Thursday nights and I'm practicing a lot at home. If anyone wants a laugh, ask Mom to explain to you what happened when she talked Dad into a couple yoga classes a few years back.

Dad was in severe discomfort and actual pain during the sessions. He was sweating so profusely that at one point the instructor came over to him and said he should change out his mat and get one without a puddle of water on it. If some of you don't know, Dad can barely bend over and touch his knees, so you can imagine how he fared in yoga, and how the other people in the class kept looking at him like, "Dude, why are you even here?"

Anyway, in case of you don't know, this is what's called Down Dog position (I think), and it's for stretching your lower back (I think)

I also thought I'd share with you the evolution of my morning hairdo.

Here is me sleeping (oh, and keep the wig jokes to yourself, please)

Here is what Mom and Dad like to call The Tornado. It's usually very prevalent in the morning when I've been sleeping on the back of my head all night... and usually there is a green sky somewhere in sight when this is goes on.

And then there's my punk rocker hairdo, which Dad refers to as The Robert Smith (for all you Cure fans out there). This takes place at some point around 8:15am and usually is accompanied by Dad singing "... Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too. Thursday I don't care about you it's Friday I'm in love."

Sorry, that actually IS Robert Smith... here's mine.



That's all for now, I'm heading to New Hampshire this weekend to visit Nonie, Aunt Deb and Uncle Jim. I'll hopefully have some photos to share when I get back. This will be my fifth state visited and I'm only seven months old (Nebraska, Wisconsin, Georgia, South Carolina, New Hampshire) and I've got Indiana and Michigan on tap in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
Robert Smith, World Traveler

No comments: