Saturday morning we went apple picking, which was a lot of fun. First you get an apple tasting - the dude cuts slices of each of the apples that they have there and you eat them one by one, and then he tells you where the ones are that you liked so you can go pick them. Now I didn't even know there were that many types of apples - Jonagolds, Cortlands, Gala, Fiji (and many more) - but each one had a distinct taste. And then off we went into the fields of trees...
Here's me snagging one off the tree...
... and admiring its beautiousness
And here's Mom with Colin and Steph
Now what you have to understand is that you put all the apples into just two bags, so you get home and have no idea what you're eating, but you don't even care. "Oh man, this Jonagold is amazing" is something you might hear out of mom or dad sitting on the couch eating an apple, but they really have no idea which type of apple they're eating. One thing I do know, though, is that Mom made a homemade apple crisp that was so good, let's just say I ate enough of it to keep the doctor away for a few months.
Oh, here's me just waking up from a nap.
After lunch I went shopping with Mom and Steph while Dad and Colin hit up the bar to feed their weekly addiction that is college football.
Later in the day we visited a winery, where we drank til the sun came up while listening to Garth Brooks on the jukebox and passed out on the winery floor at 6:30am. Well, not quite. We tasted a few wines and met some nice people and bought a couple bottles of wine and then headed back to the house we rented. We went to see the sunset to end the day and then it was home to bed for me.
The next morning we went to a State Park and walked a trail and went to the dunes/beach. As you can see, I got a little drowsy after a while.
All in all, a great trip, and one I would do again in a heartbeat.
Well, that's all for me, signing off.
Finley
No comments:
Post a Comment