Saturday, September 6, 2008

C is for Cookie

So the other night I was extremely cranky, and rightfully so. See, I've got some teeth that are starting to try to push themselves up. It's just the beginning but it's painful, so there are some rough moments. So there I was, not happy, Dad not home from work yet and Mom had a great idea - let's make cookies! So I hopped up into my bumpo (well, it's not mine, I'm borrowing it from my boyfriend, Jake) and off we went. Then Dad came home and took some pics of this momentous occasion, my first cookie bake.
Brown sugar, flour, vanilla... and don't forget the chocolate chips! C is for cookie and that's good enough for me.
By the way, I woke up this morning and walked out into the living room and Dad was on his knees with his eyes closed and his hands folded. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Not now, Finley." So I figured he was praying for all the sick people in the world, or maybe the tragedies that are happening all over the globe. But then he finished and I asked him about it and he said, "Finley, it's game day - I was praying to Touchdown Jesus." Here's to a Notre Dame victory as it makes it a much happier and healthier house to live in. Dad, what a kook.

No comments: