Sunday, May 15, 2016

5k A-Okay!

So I ran my first 5k today (3.2 miles), which was amazing. It was a big fundraiser for St. Helen so we showed up in droves.

We run in gym, most of the time 2.5 miles or so, but it's much different running around a gym vs. a cross country trek through Humboldt Park on a windy, 45-degree morning.

Got to the start line with my homegirls, Shea and Olive.

And then we were off and at it. Mom and I ran the whole way together, we lost Shea and Olive along the way somewhere, but we picked up my friend Piper, who is in the third grade. She ran with mom and me the whole way and then she and I picked it up towards the end and crossed the finish line together.


You can see the time on the clock says 34 minutes and four seconds so I ran about 10.5-minute miles, which I thought was pretty good for my first shot at it.

Mae and Pax went in the double stroller with Dad. Pax yelled out along the way, "Dad, this is AWESOME!" and Mae just took it all in... when she wasn't being carried around by Olive.

She decided she'd like to run next time, but just a mile, so we're going to sign up for a couple more runs.

Me? I can't wait to get back at it. Piper's dad asked me to join their runners club and I think I might have found a new home out on the trail!

Oh, and don't forget my wingmen.

No comments: