Friday, January 16, 2015

The Privileged Character

So Mae and I haven't been up to much lately - just back in the swing of school and hanging out and being locked inside due to the annual visit from Mr. Winter.

But Pax? Well, he's been rocking it out pretty hard and I figured this might be a good time to give you the scoop on the winter heat this guy has been bringing. Much like Pax's day to day demeanor around the house, I'll give this one to you in rapid fire.

Garfield Park Conservatory visit with mom and dad. I like this picture a lot and have decided something. You know how when people become famous sometimes they change their names. Well, when he becomes a famous author or musician or something like that his pen name should be Pax Garfield... although then I'll have to change my last name to Garfield so people will believe me when I tell them Pax Garfield is my brother. Finley Garfield... ... ew, maybe I'll keep thinking on this one and get back to you.

A visit to the Shedd Aquarium

Introduction to teeth brushing


His first soccer practice, where his shorts were... let's just say ill fitting


Lots of grocery store and Target runs, where he insists on having his own basket, only to fill it with 900 things that are either in the cookie or chip family, only to find it too heavy and start yelling at Dad to carry it


Piano practice with Mae

Pilates with mom in the basement on his own mat ("SIZE!" he calls it, short for exercise)

Some in-store hockey with Dad at Dick's Sporting Goods

A Pretty-In-Pink moment when some snow angels were in order and all we could find for snow pants were my old ones


Reading time with Mae every night. Now this deserves a little bit more narrative and is why I named this post what I did. You see, every night Mae and I get Pax all set up and prepped for bed. I'm in charge of getting his snack, so I go down and thoughtfully prepare a bowl of something for him (think cheerios and raisins) and get him some milk or water. Meanwhile Mae gets Bubba (his pet dog and best friend in the entire world) out of his bed along with his blanket and sets him up very nicely on the reading blanket. Then I bring in his snack and he eats while Mae reads to him. It's a little bit much, and by a little bit I mean a lotta bit. It's like he's royalty. Well, I guess after reading that maybe it's not a bit much since he IS royalty in this house. Lots of love funneling in his direction every day... lots of love.

No comments: