Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Fests

Not to be confused with Summer Fest in Milwaukee, this is the plural version, which is the multitude of summer festivals in Chicago.

 A couple Saturdays ago was Division Fest. It started out with a long hike to the fest, so naturally, I went piggy back.


When we got there we got our faces painted - moi, a turtle, and Mae, an octopus. She wore this thing very very proudly.


We met up with our best friend Ana at the fest, too. That's when it got crazy. I got my hair colored - red, pink, blue and green...


Dad said I looked like Ani DiFranco. I thought he said Ana DiFranco and I was like, "Dad, that's not her last name," but apparently An DiFranco is someone entirely different.



And then we decided to start a cover band. First Ana rocked the drums while I shredded it on the strat (straight southpaw, I might add) and then we switched. Our agent says that versatility is what is going to get us signed to a label.


No comments: