Monday, October 12, 2009
Weekend Getaway
So this weekend Mom, Dad and I went to Michigan with my boyfriend Jake and his Mom and Dad and his little brother, Gavin. Jake hopped in our car, threw his hat on sideways like the gangsta he is and off we went.

On Saturday afternoon we headed out to a pumpkin patch to bum around and we found this tractor.
The only thing we couldn't quite agree on was who was going to drive, so we both took the wheel.
Then it was time for someone else to drive us around.

The next day we headed up to a fantastic apple orchard and I did my thing. An inexperienced apple picker, I am not! First, you gotta rip them off the tree...
Then you gotta put them in the bag and tell Mom you can't wait for her apple pie.
Now I've seen some small apples in my day but this one takes the cake. Wait a minute, how'd this cherry sneak in here?
A stroll up the lane.
And then some playtime in the Pumpkin House with Jake.
Okay, now you may think that we were having fun, and we most definitely were, but we were just getting started. There was a stampede going down and I was determined to be part of it, so I hopped into one of the cows.

See back there, way in the distance, that's little ol' me, all by myself, riding a cow in the middle of a stampede.
And, honestly, what's a stampede if you can't share it with someone. Here's Dad and me bringing it home.
All in all, a great weekend! My parents finally met Jake's parents and now we officially have everyone's blessing to get married.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment