Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Day With Dogs

As many of you know, I'm nutso about dogs, so Mom and Dad decided why not take me to the Dog Show at McCormick Place, and off we went.

Here's the set-up: They had about 25 rings where the dogs that all looked exactly the same would line up and run around in circles. Then there would be this old dude or old gal who would stare at the dogs and pretend to notice something amazing about one or two of them that no one else did. Then he/she would go down the line and choose one and the owner and his/her family would all go crazy and do a victory dance.

The best part, though, was in the back - they had every dog who was at the show hanging out at their respective little set-ups and you could go back there and see them and pet them. Here's a peek at what we saw.

This is the dog version of the Three Stooges
And you just know this one was made fun of in doggy high school.
Here are a couple of Dad's favorites (Cue Mom in the background whispering, "Over my dead body.")
I, obviously, might have to use my persuasion techniques on Mom in a few years because I, too, am a fan of the oversized canine.
Needless to say, it was an exhausting day. And don't laugh, you know you've all been there before, sitting on an airplane, relaxed, and next thing you know you wake up with your mouth open and some drool sliding down your chin...

So I saw a lot of dogs - some of them were lame, some of them I really liked, but my heart, as it always will, still belongs to Boss.

No comments: