I'm about dog bowl level when I scoot around Nana's, so I've been watching what goes in and out of that bowl, and I decided I wanted a sample. How was I going to do it? Actually, that was the easy part.
6pm, Friday night, I went in for the kill. I noticed Boss hopping up and down like a psychiatric ward patient so I knew it was about that time for him to eat. Then Nana made a gesture to the dog food bin and I made a b-line to the bowl. She poured in his two scoops (no, it's not Raisin Bran, it's dog chow) and I sat there next to his bowl.

Now I knew what this would do and my plan worked to perfection. Dad headed to get the camera and I positioned my binky in my mouth so they wouldn't think I was gonna eat it. I took a piece of food out, showed it to him (as you can see in the photo below), knocked it against my binky a couple times and Dad and Nana had a good laugh.

And then it was time. Out with the binky and in with the dog food, like lightning. Have you ever seen those guys change four tires on a Nascar in the pit? And how fast those things go off and on, the sheer madness of the quickness of the hand? Well, my move was faster... and the reason there are no pictures of it is because Dad threw the camera on the table and came over to get the dog food out of my mouth.
But for those few moments I got a taste... and I knew what it was like to be a furry four-legger... and I liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment