Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mae: A Two Trick Pony

So there are not a lot of things Mae can do that I can't, right? And to be honest I kind of like it that way.

However, there are two things she can do and let me explain them to you. The first is whistling. We've both been trying to learn to whistle for a long time, but me much longer than her. There's just been a lot of blowing in and blowing out. Well, she started to get close about 2-3 weeks ago and lo and behold, the kid can now whistle Dixie for goodness sake.

The second thing she can do that I can't is ride a bike with one hand. It's long been documented that Mae's bike riding skills are second to none. I remember even last summer people would stop mom and dad and they just couldn't believe the kid was off training wheels and just zipping up and down the block. It's kind of like potty training when I just learned to go on the potty and then she followed up a couple months later even though she is two years younger than me.

Well, the other night we were out front riding bikes up and down the block and she comes rolling through yelling, "GUYS, WATCH THIS!" She proceeds to take one hand off her bike and starts whistling at the same time.

At first I felt like she might be rubbing it in my face, but knowing Mae like I do I realized that was not the case and we all got a good kick out of it.

She might not be the smartest knife in the drawer and she's definitely still afraid of her shadow, but she's got me on the bike-riding-one-handed-while-whistling talent front.


No comments: