If you didn't know it (and I'm very positive you didn't), the title of this post is also a great song by an early 2000's rock band called Third Eye Blind. It's also appropriate because I shouldn't go much further into the summer without letting you all know I actually graduated Kindergarten.
I know, not everybody does it, it's a very difficult thing to do so we should celebrate the fact that I made it through.
Here's the old group shot of all the Kindergardeners singing and there's li'l old me right there in the middle.
Now it's time for the most important walk of my life. Let's go get that medal.
PAUSE - So here's the thing. Mom and Dad let me dress myself, right? Doesn't really matter the occasion. It's probably because they're both running around trying to take things out of Pax's mouth or wash his hands off of toilet water or basically just ensure he lives through the day. Either way, after I came down they mentioned that most of the girls would probably be in dresses and dress shoes and they just wanted to let me know in case I wanted to skip the comfy for a day. Well, as you can see, I didn't. And they were right - I was the only one who looked like she came straight from gym class that day, but that's cool... I'm sure I was also the only one whose feet didn't hurt in those silly looking dress shoes.
On to the medal.
Then it was party time and some pics with my friends.
Here's one of my best friends Ella; she's moving to Dallas next month.
Here's one of my other best friends, Gwen; she moved to Iowa two weeks ago. Noticing a theme here?
Here's the honorary Nadia-Finley and Nadia-Mabel-Finley shot from basically everything we do. Nadia is not moving anywhere, she still lives 3 blocks away, thank goodness.
And here are the lovely ladies who made it all possible. The top pic is Miss Stefanec. She was the teacher's assistant and such an unbelievably nice lady. She cried the entire time during graduation and then the entire time in our classroom party afterwards. Something tells me she's going to miss our little group.
And then there's the big dog - Ms. Emily Matus. Walk in her class and you might as well say "Reporting for duty, Ms. Matus." She kept it in order, let me tell you, and I think you'd have to if you were her with drooling boys acting like they were all hopped up on some amphetamines every morning at 8:00. Yet at the same time, Ms. Matus was an amazingly loving person who got to know me right to my core and understood what made me tick, and then she taught me based on that knowledge. And I could not have had a better teacher, I'll probably remember her for the rest of my life.
Well, that's a wrap.
No comments:
Post a Comment