Thursday, July 12, 2012

West Fest!

So it's Festival season in Chicago, which means each weekend there are awesome festivals around the city to visit. And last weekend was no different - it was West Fest time, folks.

Mae got herself all painted up like a little butterfly.


Then we graffiti'd a wall...




 

And then the experts were like, "Mae, Fin, you guys are amateurs."



A little ways down the block was a drum group that I wanted to check out. The head drummer guy leads the group with the beat and everyone else improvises in their own beats.

 

Pa rum-pa-pum-pum


After a little while with the tom drum and the stick mom and I went back to the well to see what other instruments we could find...



And I got me some egg shakers.


It was like a book club, but instead of sitting around talking about Hunger Games we sat around making beats (much preferred to book club).

 Let's just say West Fest earned itself two thumbs up (in my new dress - whoot  whoot!).



No comments: