Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Going To - Kansas City, Kansas City, Here I Come

So we hopped on a plane last Saturday and headed to Aunt Erica's for the July 4th holiday weekend. Aunt Erica, Uncle Derek, and my cousins, Keenan and Kameron, live in Kansas City. Quick flight, no casualties, mostly because Mabel slept from takeoff-to-touchdown, and there we were.

Part II of the Kansas City post will include all kinds of fun stuff we did but this post is designated solely to our trip to the Deanna Rose Farm, located about ten minutes from Aunt Erica's. This place was off the charts, and here's why.

First off, PONY RIDES!!!
Got to hang out with Kam, who is outstanding...


Grandpa and I took a walk over to the duck farm...

And then it came time to feed the baby goats. By the time we left they were calling Mae "The Goat Whisperer."


And I don't know if you've ever heard this song or not, but if you haven't, it's a must - "High on a hill lived a lonely goat herd."

Oh, and before I go - check out Dad, city slicker acting like he was born in a barn or something.

No comments: