Okay, we've only been in Hilton Head about 24 hours but here's the shakedown of yesterday:
I woke up at 5:30am and caught our ride to the airport. Some people take a cab to the airport, some people ride the L, I happen to know people like Jay-Z, who sent a stretch SUV to pick me up while I was still in my jammies (actually, I don't know Jay-Z, my Dad's friend owns a limo business, but my first story sounded way better).
And this sign was in there, which really aggravated me because I had to put out my cigarette. Next thing you know they're gonna make me empty out my vodka tonic.
Okay, next stop the airplane. Jay-Z put me on his private jet and... oh, forget it. Here's Dad and me on the plane. Notice I'm smiling...
This photo was taken approximately 78 minutes before I threw up an entire egg mcmuffin all over my seat, the back of the seat in front of me, my soccer jammies and Dad. Yep, stomach flu time. We got to Atlanta and drove about two hours before I threw up again, this time all over the car seat and the rental. Had to stop in 104-degree heat at a rest stop, empty the back seat and clean everything, then Dad took me into the rest stop bathroom, stripped me down as I stood on the counter and had to clean the puke off of me and out of my hair.
So I know what you're thinking - sweet trip so far, Fin. Yeah, not a good start.
But then we got to Hilton Head, I ate dinner and was fine and we headed to the beach. These are all my cousins and second cousins on the Skertich side.
And Soph Dogg and I rocked it out in the water.
Soph, my buddy.
Mabel got into the action, too. Had herself a hoot and a holler in that water with the wind blowing in her face.

And then Luke and I went back to the condo and had ourselves a peanut butter sandwich.
More photos to come from the trip in the coming days... til then.
No comments:
Post a Comment