Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kids 'N' Kites

So the annual Kids N Kites was this past weekend and Mom took Sophie and me up to Montrose Harbor where we met some of our other friends and had at it.
There were tons of really cool kites, and then after watching them fly we went to a booth for some painting fun.
Mom got me a kite while we were there so I took it home and today Dad and I flew it today out front in our park. First we had to get set up. Dad would hold the string to test the wind and I would hold the back.

And then our kite flying hit a snag because... there was no wind. Enter: improvisation. Dad made like Walter Payton, cradled me like a football and sprinted for the end zone while I held the kite string and the kite followed up in the air behind us.

And then our kite flying hit a snag again because it found a tree.
What the...
But in case you didn't know, my Dad is a ninja so a kite stuck up in a tree 25 feet in the air is what we call no big deal, and we were shortly back in business.

And by the way, there has been a LOT of fun stuff going on and some great pics of Mabel taken, so CLICK HERE to see what I mean.


No comments: