Friday, July 31, 2009

Dad's Days Off Part II - Nightwood

So Mom, Dad and I got all dressed up one night and went out to a nice restaurant for dinner. It's called Nightwood and it's in Pilsen at 21st and Halsted.
After dinner Dad asked me to squat down like White Sox Catcher AJ Pierszynski does so he could pretend he was Mark Buehrle throwing his perfect game. I mean, seriously, Dad, words cannot describe the idiocy of this, but I oblige because, well, because he's my Dad.
So there was this above-average looking 3-year old dude at Nightwood who looked like he had mad cash and he asked me for my number. He never called, but Mom said when I responded I had three bites of brocolli in my mouth along with a couple bites of half-roasted chicken and some gnochhi dumplings and I was reaching for my milk. She said it sounded something like our phone number is "beeg unn doo - biff doo fyor - ate fyor dee gine." And I'm wondering why he didn't call? This photo is 20 minutes after dinner and I STILL have food in my hands. Maybe he didn't understand my number... or maybe he saw our future and he didn't think I'd be able to fit through the front door. Whatevs, dude, I'm over you - you were three and still talked like a caveman.
Oh wait, there goes another cutie, and he looks like an athlete...
Okay, gotta run.

No comments: